Thursday, January 10, 2013



Last week I finished painting the facade of the shop so this week I started building the box that will become the building itself, one room upstairs and an attic with a Mansard roof.
I am not very good at drawing blue prints so I usually start with a simple volume with 3 sides and add the windows on the side later and I haven't thought about how to do the roof yet!
Plywood is easing to get here in Thailand but they won't cut for you so I drove home with a huge panel at the back of may car and realized it would be difficult to cut it with my jigsaw so I built a table saw that works pretty well but I have to be very careful with my fingers!



4 comments:

  1. I still can't get over the shop front, it's so beautiful. Excited to see it start coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heelo Christina , Thanks for your compliments about my work.
      I am quite new to the world of miniatures.
      Welcome to my 'small world"
      Patrick

      Delete
  2. Hello Patrick, your work is amazing. The details are superb.
    Going to browse some more on your blog for inspiration.
    Wishing you a fantastic weekend!
    AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello AM, thanks for the compliments. You're doing a great job too and I love your choice of colours. I can see why you are an illustrator.
      About electricity, I like the wires. in my opinion, they're much easier to use than copper tape which I find hard to hide. With a router, you can easily hide the wires. Well, that's just my opinion. Let's keep in touch.
      Have a great weekend too
      patrick

      Delete