Reward

Friday, March 29, 2013

The milliner's bedroom

Here is the first part: the back wall with the niche and the two doors, the left one to the landing, the right one to a small"cabinet de toilette", no shower or bath in the early XX th on the top floors, the floor for the maids'room. It's just the beginning of the construction.
 I'd like to get the same atmosphere when the room is finished but I am not trying to copy every detail, just to get some ideas.
Beautiful picture, isn't it? Again, it's Honore de Balzac's bedroom in the Chateau de Sache, Indre et Loire. Don't miss it if you visit la Touraine !


 It's a simple bed for a simple girl to contrast with the rooms full of feathers and flowers to make hats.

The wall paper is nice but I don't know where I can find something similar. Any ideas?
I have these four samples.  Which one do you like?





Have a great and busy weekend!

Congratulations to Brae for winning the best blog competition and thanks to Roberta from Chambersburg for sending me some miniature patterns for men's clothes for the tailor's shop.
PS. The bed will look a little bit like this:
This is just a prototype to check if the measures are right. Did you notice the niche is much higher now? It looked too small before. The bedcover is a cuff of one of my shirt, LOL I have no sewing machine here so I have to use what I can find here. Another shirt with short sleeves. As the temperature is now around 40 degrees every day, sleeveless shirts are a must!

12 comments:

  1. E' molto interessante quello che state facendo! Conto di fare qualcosa di simile, ma come alcova, nella mia dollhouse. Vi seguo con piacere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good to see I have a visitor from Italy. I have just joined your blog. Your pictures and paintings are wonderful.
      Cheers
      Patrick

      Delete
  2. This room will look lovely when finished. I do like the second wallpaper the best.
    Wish you a wonderful and productive weekend.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine,
      Unfortunately I am working this weekend but I hope my evenings will be productive. I found these samples of genuine wallpapers here:
      http://www.culture.gouv.fr/public/mistral/joconde_fr?ACTION=RETROUVER_TITLE&FIELD_1=DOMN&VALUE_1=&FIELD_2=Ctyob&VALUE_2=%27PAPIER%20PEINT%27&FIELD_3=AUTR&VALUE_3=&FIELD_4=Clieu&VALUE_4=&FIELD_5=REPR&VALUE_5=&FIELD_6=Cdate&VALUE_6=&FIELD_7=DECV&VALUE_7=&FIELD_8=LOCA&VALUE_8=&FIELD_9=Mat%e9riaux%2ftechniques&VALUE_9=&FIELD_10=Titre&VALUE_10=&GRP=0&SPEC=5&SYN=1&IMLY=&MAX1=1&MAX2=1&MAX3=100&REQ=%28%28%27PAPIER%20PEINT%27%29%20%3aDENO%2cUTIL%2cAPPL%20%29&DOM=All&USRNAME=nobody&USRPWD=4%24%2534P
      It's a long address but you'll see amazing wallpapers and decorations.
      Cheers
      Patrick

      Delete
  3. This room is going to look as gorgeous as your other ones, I'm sure! I like the last two wallpapers the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. Above you'll find the link to the site of the French Ministry of Culture. There are so many beautiful papers, I don't know which one choose.
      Have a great weekend,
      Patrick

      Delete
  4. Le début du travail est toujours aussi beau, un véritable plaisir pour les yeux. Pour ma part je préfère le papier peint bleu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Patricia,
      Merc de votre message. La blanchisserie avance? Je viens en France a la mi-avril et je vous enverrai les 1/2 mouchoirs qui me restent de mon projet pour faire des mini draps ou des torchons.
      Envoyez-moi votre adresse par mail a
      patrickduclou@gmail.com
      Ma boutique chinoise n'en est encore qu'au stade de croquis. je vais attendre de rentrer de France pour m'y mettre.
      Bon dimanche.
      Patrick

      Delete
  5. It's a beautiful project. I love beds in a niche, this would be my dream... My favourite wall paper is the last one, mind you they are all great.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Genevieve,
    Thanks for your message. I agree with you, the last wall paper looks nice. I have only a small sample so I have to check if I can make a whole page with Photoshop.

    I had an idea this morning: I could open a glassed partition in the right wall which has no window as it is a workshop and a bedroom as well. It would then look more like an "atelier d'artiste" than a bedroom. What do you think?
    Have a great Sunday,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! :D

    I love that inspiration photo, and your first sample would work well. There's something so comforting about a little nook like that, to curl away from the rest of the world. :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patrick, sorry, I am late, I had too much work to do :D!
    The higher niche is better now, the bed looks great! Did you washed the shirt ;) as it is 40 degrees now....? The striped fabric fits wonderful. Therefore I agree with Brae, the first sample.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete