Thursday, April 10, 2014

La salle a manger

Remember I was thinking of doing the dining room after the bedroom? well, it is on its way......

First, I started with a few sketches to get an idea of the size, as I wanted the two rooms to be the same size as I am now limited by space to display all my projects. There are now 7 buildings to display....


Then I started cutting the different walls, windows and doors and prepared the mouldings. There were so many in that room!


Then I painted all the elements, primer first, then orange, then white, then aged the different walls with acrylic.


Then the building process started. At this step, I only use adhesive tape to put the walls together so it's easy to separate the walls if needed.


Then I made the floor on white acrylic, using my old technique of the stencil.

Then I assembled everything




and added some furniture to get an idea. My favourite moment, lol.




I have ordered decorations for the walls and the ceiling but it will take 2 or 3 weeks before I get them.

Now some pictures to give you an idea of what the room looks like. Actually, the colour of the wall is lighter but my camera doesn't give the right tone.....
... I made a chandelier as the ones you can buy are too expensive for me, LOL

Now a view of "la salle a manger"



The table has been laid for two,

and there are some flowers in the empty niche.

The room is lit by a stripe of LED warm white, (don't buy "cold" white, the light is blue!) hidden by the frame.

I need to fing a 12W dimmer the reduce the brightness.

I know I am not very good at explaining how I do, but if you have any questions, please, let me know and I'll try to explain how I work. My tools are a cutter, a special scissor to cut mouldings at different degrees, UHU glue because I use plastic, paints in spray and acrylic for ageing, that's about all I use.
Have a great weekend and keep in touch...

Patrick

12 comments:

  1. Es preciosa y cuidada hasta en sus más mínimos detalles!!! Un gran trabajo!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très belle réussite cette pièce, j'adore le vieillissement des différents murs, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est superbe , je préfère lorsque c'est moins éclairé.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scene Patrick, the chandelier is perfect for that room if you had not said you made it I would have thought it was store bought. well done :)

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is simply perfect. The floor and walls are beautiful and the chandelier is gorgeous. It must have cost you many hours to achieve this but every minute was worthwhile. Bravo!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then you made me green of envy, Patrick!
    Your work and explaining of how-to-do-it, is perfect and your posts have so many times made my day, so thank you!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es un trabajo perfecto, lleno de elegancia, el suelo me resulta impresionante, la precisión es increíble.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda
    Villa Pulgarcito.
    http://arteyolandamoranminiaturas.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. En effet c'est vraiment réussi. Et comme vous nous invitez à poser des questions j'aimerais savoir comment vous faites les moulures arrondies sur les portes? Vous parlez de ciseaux?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous. I really enjoyed it. You do beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Patrick,
    Another incredible room. You really are incredibly talented. I especially love the finish on the walls. It is very grand yet very warm and welcoming at the same time. Terrific work, as always. I would love to dine in that room.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patrick, amazing work and you make it look so effortless. You are in a league of your own. Amazing and beautiful work !

    xx Sally

    ReplyDelete