Thursday, December 18, 2014

The carriage

Hello from ....France!
I am now in Tours, with my family to spend Christmas and the end of the year before returning to Thailand early January.
Before I left I had the time to finish building a carriage in 1/12 for the carriage house. It' a buggy, a very light vehicle, driven by its owner. They were often used by doctors who had to travel fast and quick. That explains the high, light wheels.
It is built from a kit I ordered from the US. It's made of wood and casted metal. A very nice kit but difficult to build. Definitely not something for a novice. Luckily I have driven horses for many years before moving to Thailand and I knew every part of the gig.
The wheels are not the most difficult thing to do

The body of the carriage is attached to springs that probably gav a lot of comfort to the driver and its passenger.


I Haven't finished it completely but you can already have an idea of what it looks like in the carriage house. I'll make leather harnesses to hang on the wall too.


The water foutain is finished too...


Another view

The cats are playing in the straw....

and one of the horses is waiting for his morning exercise! (I guess....!)


I wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

18 comments:

  1. Merveilleux travail! C'est toujours un plaisir de voir ce que tu arrives à faire.
    Bonnes fêtes à Tours!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Genevieve, je te souhaite une excellente nouvelle annee ainsi qu'a ta maman. Je reaprs pour la Thailande le 3 Janvier.
      A tres bientot.

      Delete
  2. Très joli le buggy. Il fait très léger avec ses grandes roues. Où donc as tu trouvé un kit d'attelage au 1/12 ? C'est une très belle ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Dominique, je l'ai trouve chez www.modelexpo-online.com
      Ca n'est pas facile, facile a faire mais avec un peu de patience, on y arrive.

      Delete
  3. Bienvenue en France Patrick. Ton charriot est très réussi. Je te souhaite un très joyeux Noël.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Muriellisa. je suis content d'etre rentre en France pour les fetes mais la temperature actuelle me change e celle de la Thailande. Ton tapis est superbe.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you, being in Tours! It is a lovely city... Well, all of France is lovely! The carriage is perfect! I bet there are mice nesting in the hay, which is why your cats look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, yes Tours is a nice city indeed. I am coming from a country where the temperature is about 34 degrees C and today in Tours it was just 0 degree... I am freezing!

      Delete
  5. This is such a wonderful project Patrick. I love those old carriages, a perfect addition to your carriage house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug. I am building another carriage. For a pair of horses this time!

      Delete
  6. Happy Holidays Patrick.... I've always wanted to construct a wooden wheel carriage I might have to look into it one day.


    Mario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mario. Thanks for your message. I really envy your new workshop. I do my miniature project in the living room! (or in the garden....)

      Delete
  7. quel travail magnifique, vos bâtiments sont simplement superbes. Criant de réalisme.
    j'adore.
    Très bon fin d'année à vous et votre famille
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Isabelle, je vous souhaite egalement une tres bonne annee et plein de projets pour 2015.
      Patrick

      Delete
  8. Hi Patrick! When I was a girl, I use to love reading Georgette Heyer Regency romances that nearly always had the hero and/or the heroine dashing about London in a gig! It is good to finally see one for real! The carriage house is SUPERB! I can't believe the details that you have already included that make this project come alive. ( Perfect placement of the cat.) Not only that but the Speed that you have been able to command for this build is Phenomenal. Not a wrong move ANYWHERE.
    And it is love at first sight

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Patrick,
    The carriage is lovely, well done with the kit. the pictures of the stables are so lifelike it is incredible. Well done!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete