The project I am working now is a little bit out of my “comfort zone” so it takes more time than my previous projects to build and assemble the different parts.
First, I built one of the walls but in the end, I found out that the door was far too big for 1/12 scale so I started again.
The second difficulty comes from the curved walls on each side. The material I used was too thick and didn’t bend easily so I had to start again in a thinner version. Now I am working on the cornices. Straight cornices are not too difficult to do but curved ones are harder to do.
The next step will be the roof.
My friend Alison will soon start designing the sculpted elements and make molds to duplicate them.
Here are a few pictures of the first prototype: