Saturday, October 10, 2015

La villa

La villa is my last project and it's been a great experience since I think I had to improve my skills and solve many issues to make it a reality.
It all started with a picture as usual. Here it is ....


It is a sketch from a French architect for a villa in 1902. There are 4 bedrooms, a dining room, a grand salon, a study and a kitchen. It has a tower and a roof a la Mansard with 4 dormer windows.
I have decided to build the 4 sides of the house. Two sides will open. After drawing my own sketch in 1/12, I cut the different pieces.

The south side has a terrace and a veranda


The east side has got 7 windows and a balcony


The kitchen is on the west facade 


... After a month, working on it after teaching and at weekends when I was free, the building was completed...


Then I built the roof and the frames of the dormer windows. When I start building the roof, I always do a pattern out of "future board",  cheap plastic all the students use in Thailand for their presentations. Thus I can see if the slopes of the roof is ok or not. It avoids cutting Forex and losing it.


Then I built the real roof. Rooves a la Mansard are always difficult for me to do because of their numerous and different angles.  Tiger helped me a lot .... 

When I work on my projects, there is always one cat (I have adopted four stray cats) sitting on the table next to me..)



The roof was done in a few days 


Then I added the last details before painting the model with an airbrush


And then, the villa got its make-up to make it look a little bit older...


and then later...

5 comments:

  1. Patrick it is breathtaking! I can't wait to see the progression. As always your
    craftsmanship astounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick! I don't know how it have missed you all this time!!, I'm now making a cup of tea and catching up...
    Si

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous villa Patrick, I LOVE it! I also think you are so great with finishing an aged building realistically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: I love it your cats are always with you and they use your projects for beds, cat's are the best aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking! I don't really know what else to say. Oh yeah, one other thing: I wish it was mine! (In mini and real life)

    ReplyDelete