Reward

Monday, March 25, 2013

Hello everyone,

Sorry for having been so quiet but every year, before our spring break, I am quite busy with grading exams and this year is not different.
I hope that before going home, to France, for holidays in April I will show you the 1st pictures of the Chinese shop house, a two-storey building with two adjoining shops on the street level.

I have just started cutting the different elements and will start the shop doors soon.

I am also working on the room above the laundry shop, a milliner's workshop. it's just a bedroom where we could imagine someone made hats she then delivered to a shop.
 My grandmother was a milliner so I'd like to pay a tribute to her. 
The bed will be in an "alcove", (is that a "nook" in English?)
Something like this...

This is Honore de Balzac's bedroom when he visited his friends at the Chateau de Sache near Tours (a must-see if you ever visit the place where I come from), this and the house of George Sand in Berry and the Chateau de Villandry.
So I'll build something like this and will add hats being made. What do you think?

 I have added some nice china pieces I have found in Bangkok in my Etsy shop Seribatu. I only have one of each unfortunately. They're real china, hand painted, no stickers. They're very delicate. I have also added a few more bronze statues. I have already sold a few and the people are happy with them. That's a good start!
             
                 This is a pretty ginger jar with an Asian decor

     
                 A tea pot, the big size model as they used here           before.


                 a tall vase with waterlilies

                
                 a ginger jar with two matching plates. The decoration is amazing as it is hand painted.

It is good that I can find miniatures here and share my findings with you.

Back to my grading now.... I know that where you live, it's probably pretty cold but here the temperature yesterday was 40 degrees Celsius...!
But the rainy season is coming soon.
Have a great day,
Wish you well,
Patrick

11 comments:

  1. J'ai reconnu de suite la chambre de Honoré de Balzac car j'habite à Tours et c'est un petit village que j'aime beaucoup.Vos porcelaines sont superbes et iront parfaitement bien dans votre futur projet.
    Merci pour vos encouragements!!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Isabelle, je suis de Tours aussi, j'y ai grandi et vecu longtemps avant de venir vivre en Thailande. Votre boutique va etre tres reussie!

      Delete
  2. those jars and plates are lovely, I like the bedroom nook but can I ask you what that little square is behind the opened door? it's driving me crazy and I can't figure it out


    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    PS it's wonderful to see you posting again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marisa,
      I don't know what's behind that little secret door.... was it just a cupboard? I'll try to go and check when I go to France next month. Sache (this place) is only 25 km from where I live and I like to go there. I will investigate...
      Have a great day,
      Patrick

      Delete
  3. Beautiful plates and jars in your Etsy shop, Patrick! The bedroom from Honoré is just stunning, are there secret doors behind the door of the room?
    Indeed in The Netherlands it is very cold for this time of the year.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello IIona,
    Thanks for your message. Yes, I'd like to know what is behin that little secret door too..... I'll go and check when I go to France next month.
    It's very, very hot in Thailand now and I have to get up very early (5 AM) to water the garden (the only time when it's a bit cooler).
    I love your peonies, there are my favourite flowers. You are so skilled to make mini flowers!
    Have a great day,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliments, Patrick!
      I haven't seen you ;)!
      Hugs, Ilona

      Delete
  5. Hello Patrick! I love blue and white china and yours are beautiful and the little plates are charming! I have always thought that the perfect bed to sleep the hours away in would be tucked into a niche in the wall with lovely curtains to keep out the drafts and to be totally snug within! In the Thorne rooms in the Chicago series, Eugene Kupjack did several French Country Bedrooms in miniature and those particular displays have always been my favorites! I am now looking forward to seeing yours soon too.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth,
      Thanks for your message and the reference to the Thorne's collection. I hope one day, I'll manage to see it by myself.
      I found one picture of one of the rooms you mention and it helps me a lot. I am now cutting the different pieces for the partition.
      Have a great day and thanks again for visiting my blog
      The Chinese shop house will start soon....but I am going home, to France, next month for holidays so.....
      Regards,
      Patrick

      Delete
  6. Hi Patrick, I look forward to seeing your rooms develop. I can well imagine a Milner working in her room and being able to discretely close the curtains when clients visit to order their hats.
    Have a wonderful break for spring. You,will,certainly,appreciate the crisp weather when you return to France... As well as the difference in the vegetation, landscape and culture.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janine,
    Thanks for your message. So you're off to Australia soon? Will the weather be different from NZ's? Here it's getting hotter and hotter everyday. You're right, it might be a change when I get to Paris next month.... Yes, I like the idea of the niche for the bed. I don't like the idea of similar rooms one above the others in dollhouses. I like to add a partition or a wall to break the monotony.I am already cutting the different parts, wall and doors.
    Yes, I miss the French culture and landscapes but that's the rule when you decide to travel and i think you know what I mean... Your kitchen looks....great! I love it!
    Have a nice trip to Australia,
    Regards,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete