Monday, May 12, 2014

The making of...

If you don't have much space and can't stop making new projects, you can use my method.
I have built an empty box



Then I can build one scene, first, the floor, then the walls....





Then I added a LED strip with a dimmer, the ceiling,....
The little door on the left leads to the kitchen. Servants and maids were not supposed to use the double doors reserved for the owners.



Then some furniture, a chandelier, some plates, glasses and your scene is ready.








Now if you want to start building another scene, change the floor, change the walls and we are in a different room....




Or prepare the next one.... the kitchen with the servants'dining room behind and the "arriere-cuisine" (the pantry?) to the right. 
This is just cardboard but I need to check the perspective and see how I can build the different walls. The floor will be different, bien sur! Light will come from the top!




By the way, this is where I spend many hours working on my projects...



Don't worry, it's safe here but all the windows have bars because they're always opened. It overlooks the garden.



11 comments:

  1. Hello Patrick,
    That is a great way to display minis when space is an issue! I just love your workroom and I look forward to seeing the next project.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac:) How is spring where you live? We haven't read from you for a while. No time for your passion? I will have to slow down as I am going to France to visit my family for a month. Can't wait for French food.
      Hugs
      Patrick

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Try it, you'll be surprised :)
      Cheers
      Patrick

      Delete
  3. Hello Patrick! I am soooo Impressed by each scene that you have constructed within this box frame. The rooms are incredibly detailed and they fit in so snug and without any gaps so that you would not know that they are not permanently affixed. The floors are simply wonderful and the panelling is superb! Really beautiful craftsmanship!
    Your workspace is so well organized and I love that you can work in front of a garden window. That looks like a perfect spot to me too. :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Elizabeth :) All these complimernts touch me because sometimes I don't know if it's acceptable or not as no one does miniatures around me. I am really happy you like my creations. My 1st order is almost completed....
      Yes, I enjoy working, looking (sometimes) at the garden, but it's very hot, sometimes more than 40 degree Celsius,,,
      All the best
      Patrick

      Delete
  4. Your box rooms are just fabulous with great detail and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un gran trabajo,me ha gustado mucho la forma de solucionar los espacios,eres un maestro!!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Pilar :) Je suis content que ca vous plaise et que vous aimiez mon travail
      Patrick

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete